Yesterday, I had a positive OPK so I schedule our first IUI for this morning. Everything went as well as can be expected and now we wait.
I must say I like our new clinic much better than the old one. The room where DH did his thing was much nicer and more professional than the previous one. Every little bit helps, I guess.
The IUI itself was quite but pretty uncomfortable. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I wasn't expecting much discomfort but unfortunately, it hurt a bit. A small price to pay but I just wanted to document it. The nurse said she was having a bit of trouble inserting the catheter into the right spot and apologized. She then said that she needed to use a clamp to hold the cervix in place and that is when it really got uncomfortable. I just concentrated on breathing in and out and it was over before I knew it. All in all, it probably only took about 10 minutes or less. After it was over, she told me that I was bleeding and probably would be for a little while due to a "wound" (her word) on my cervix from the clamp. She said it wasn't a bit deal - of course, it wasn't her cervix that was bleeding either. I then had to lay there for 10 minutes before getting up and putting my clothes back on. Then it was over.
Now, I feel pretty normal. I am still spottig a bit and it has been about 8-9 hours since the IUI. I am a little crampy but it's barely noticeable. I don't feel any ovulation pains or have any real ovulation symptoms so I am a bit worried that we timed it early. The doctor said to go by the positive OPK though, so that is what we are doing. This cycle anyway.
I told the nurse that if we do not have success this cycle, we really want to get more aggressive next time. She said that was fine and she would leave the doctor a note to call me this week and come up with a more aggressive game plan. She also said it would most likely involve clomid and the level of monitoring would be up to me and my doctor.
So, that is how I spend my Sunday. I think I am a bit numb - I guess a part of me still hoped that it wouldn't come to this, that we'd conceive on our own somehow at the last minute. That is obviously not going to be the case. We are now most definitely going down the path of medical intervention and I know that there is no turning back. This makes me so sad, but so hopeful at the same time.
I just pray that we have a positive outcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats on the first (and last-I hope) IUI! I know that it took a lot for you to get here. I always felt a bit cruddy after them-but I never got beat up by a clamp either! OUCH! I'll be thinking of you.
BabyB30 from TLOL
Oh, yeah, I know all about the tenaculum clamp. OWWEEE!!
Good luck, I hope this works for you.
mw above is from planningdoesntwork.wordpress.com
Post a Comment