Hello cycle 24! And happy two years of TTC anniversary to me. I should get drunk and celebrate. But I won't. Somehow I have become very calm - not to be mistaken for at peace - with the situation. It is out of my control and as much as I wish there was something, anything I could do to control this aspect of my life - THERE JUST ISN'T.
I did take a much needed break from living, thinking and breathing IF. But in the last week or so I've been busy getting my feet wet again...
I emailed my regular doctor, who I LOVE and trust more than my RE (who I have seen once in a year and charges $400 for each meeting). Anyway, I asked my doc if she could think outside the box a bit and give me some advice, thoughts or whatever. I told her we were thinking of doing our third IUI this cycle but wanted to make sure there was nothing else we were missing (with me) or overlooking in general. I know that we'll never do IVF so I want to be as informed as I can going into another IUI. She suggested that I go ahead with another IUI but if it isn't successful, she wants me to consider doing a lap. She says that it wouldn't hurt to go in and take a look at exactly what is going on inside of me and just make sure that we are not missing anything. I am a little nervous about this procedure but I think I'm at the point of being willing to try anything.
Speaking of that, she also stated that she has a good friend that does natural touch healing. She asked if I would be open to trying something that far outside the box and I said, why not? She is trying to contact her friend about me and see if her friend would be willing to try and help me. I don't really get what she does but once my doc provides me with a little more info, I'll post it. She said that it works best right around the time of conception so she is going to see if she can get me in right around the day of our IUI. Interesting...huh? Especially since this is my doctor talking! I guess that is why I love my doctor.
So, IUI #3, here we come. I have a baseline ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow morning. That also means I have to pre-pay $1,000 tomorrow morning. What a joke. Especially, since I don't think our cycle will cost that much. I decided I am not going to do the blood tests, they have always shown that I ovulate and are good levels. So, that will save us a couple hundred. I will do the baseline u/s, clomid days 5-9, the follow up u/s at CD12, the trigger shot and then the IUI. I am not taking the progesterone suppositories. I have been doing a lot of reading about them and I do not think they are necessary for me. I don't have low levels, I have never spotted and carried a healthy pregnancy once already with no issues. They just seem like a waste of money and they are gross.
I think the cycle should cost about $805 all said and done. Totally worth it if we get a baby from it. If not...well, it wouldn't be the first time and that just sucks.
*****************************************************
Updated....I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday. I had my baseline u/s this morning and all went well. I am set and moving forward with this IUI cycle as planned. The other good news - they didn't ask for the $1,000 pre-pay. I'm going to take this as a sign that good luck is on our side this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay! You sound so great. I'm glad everything is good to go. I am feeling very optimistic for you.
Please let us know about that touch healing thing. I'm very curious.
I will take that as a sign of good luck, and I will send you all the positive thoughs possible for a wonderful outcome.
*hugs*
Wishing you truckloads of good luck for this cycle. I am sorry about your crappy anniversary, but it sounds like you are moving full speed ahead this cycle and you have a plan with your trusted doc, should you need to use a back up plan. I have had a laparoscopy, so if you have any questions, let me know. I kept a written journal of my infertility experience the first time around, and I actually wrote a detailed account of my surgery, just in case I ever needed to have a second procedure. So I can relay it to you if you want the skinny on how it went.
-Leighann
Good luck for the cycle!
I hope you at least had chocolate or cake or something for the anniversary! Isn't it funny the anniversaries we keep? I'm glad to see you're back in the ring again. I loved the metaphor btw because it fits in so many ways-the infertility fight, the feelings of being emotionally beat to a pulp-yep, it fits just right. You're like Rocky Balboa-just when we think you're done fighting (which would be okay, btw) you come back with fists a swingin', ready for another round...keep us posted how things go. I'm in your corner! =) (Sorry if this is cheesy!)
Post a Comment