Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wishing on a star

Last night after both husband and son had fallen asleep, I was still wide awake watching mindless television. I decided to get up and check on Keegan one last time before bed and as I made my way towards his room I stepped outside onto the deck so I could breath in some fresh night air (the humidity finally broke!). It was so peaceful and dark out and there was no moon so I could see what seemed like a billion stars.

I just sat there, breathing in the quiet night. After awhile I started a conversation in my head, partly with myself, partly with God. I was begging him for one more miracle, one more chance to feel life growing inside of me and the chance for Keegan to have a sibling and best friend for life. I want this so badly and keep trying to imagine never feeling the miracle of pregnancy or birth again and I just get so SAD at that possibility.

I ended the conversation by saying: Please hear my prayer!! Please show me a sign that you hear me and that it is going to be okay! I looked up and almost immediately saw a shooting star. Right in front of my eyes. You know how sometimes you see them out of the corner of your eye or you look up and see the tail-end of one that you half missed? This one was right there, start to finish, smack dab in front of me. I'm taking that as a sign. Someone was listening and it really is going to be okay.

I have to believe that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it completely. It really is going to be okay.

I'm holding my breath for you and with you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That gave me chills. I am praying for you, Angie!

-Leighann

Anonymous said...

i believe it too. When I was TTC #2 I asked the samething and the next day poof, there was a baby bunny under my shrubs. Never had a bunny around my house before but there was a little fuzzy friendly baby bunny..too cute. I took it as a sign also and found peace in it. Needless to say Angelina is sleeping in her crib with her special Bunny stuffed animal...hummm, maybe your second will be adorned with stars in his/her room.

I hope it happens very soon for you.

LisserB said...

I also believe that things will be okay for you, and that your wish will come true.

*hugs*