Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Introducing...cycle 19.

Here I am again although some changes are occuring this time around. Today is CD4 and I went in for my first baseline ultrasound yesterday. For once, I left my RE feeling postive. My lining and my ovaries looked great and I was given a perscription for clomid, ovadril and progesterone. I also made an appointment for CD12 to have an ultrasound and blood draw. We are pulling out all the stops this time. I was thinking of avoiding the blood work (checking E2 levels) but the nurse was pretty adament that it was important. Hopefully, that is true because it is not cheap.

Also, last Friday I called my clinic to discuss last cycle and argue my case that I should not have to pay for that ultrasound or office visit due to the horrible advice, disorganization and miscommunication on their end. I had to talk to a person in the financial office as well as the "head" nurse, Jill, and they were both very empathetic and easy to talk to. I had an especially long conversation with Jill, and among other things, she apologized over and over about me not getting call backs in a timely matter and that it would be an important discussion topic for her to have with the nursing staff. She also promised to have the financial person call me by Monday to let me know if they would eat the bill or not but um, it is Tuesday and still no call. How come I'm not surprised? I swear, this clinic pisses me off.

Speaking of finances and being pissed off, I was also told when I went in for my ultrasound on Monday that I would have to pre-pay $2,000 for this cycle. I just looked at her like, "Are you cracked, woman??" I told her that I would NOT be pre-paying for anything. If their staff handles another cycle like last, I certainly won't be spending any money with them, let alone thousands of dollars. Also, I'm not even sure that I'll need $2,000 for this cycle - to which she responded that in that case they would just roll it into the next cycle. I didn't tell her that I wouldn't be doing another cycle if this one doesn't work (I'll save that topic for another post). But seriously? The pre-pay is a no go.

So, I'll be filling my perscriptions tonight and will begin clomid tomorrow, CD5. I'm a little nervous and hope that I don't have too many side effects. Mostly, I just want my body to respond positively to the drug and hopefully, make an extra egg or two - with the goal of fertilizing one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Well, I too am sorry your cycle was a bust this time around. However, I am very glad that this next cycle has started out positively, at least in a few aspects. I find the whole $2k prepay thing hilarious. On what grounds can they possibly have the nerve to ask you to pay ahead of time? That is truly outrageous, and I am very glad you plan to stick to your guns on that one.

Good luck!! And yes, here's to breastfeeding tips in a year...