Oh I did? Sorry, I'm going to mention it again. I am sooooo tired from this week - and it is only Wednesday! Keegan has not slept well - at all- which means that I haven't slept well - at all. I don't know why, probably he just misses his daddy. I cannot wait for DH to get home and our schedule to get back to normal. The good news is that DH is coming home a day early! He called and was able to finish up early so he booked a flight out tomorrow morning (instead of flying home late Friday night). I am a happy girl.
I also think I am getting a sinus cold. Again. I have never had sinus infections or problems, ever, until this winter. This winter I think I have had four! I don't know what the deal is? Each and every time it starts in my right sinus and give me a bad headache on the right side of my head and then just goes downhill from there. Today, I am at the right side headache and stuffiness point. Ugh, I so do not want it to get worse so I am slamming water, green tea, vitamin C, juice, etc. I should have known something was up yesterday when I wasn't hungry all day. I am typically always hungry. LOL. Sad, but true.
DH and I were just talking about our diets and how we both would like to eat better and drop a few extra pounds. This weekend I am going to clean out our pantry and throw out all the "junk" in it. I am such a snacker (along with Keegan) so our one shelf is full of various crackers, chips and the like. It needs to go! I am also going to make a list of healthy foods and find some good recipes and head to the grocery store on a mission either Saturday or Sunday. No more crap in our fridge or pantry! Neither of us are "overweight" but we could both stand to lose a few pounds and also greatly improve our diets. Keegan, too. I really want to teach him healthy eating habits and I haven't been the best at that lately.
I also would really, really like to start running again but of course, that depends on whether or not I get pregnant. I think that I am going to start walking/jogging a couple days a week to start and then we'll see how this next IUI goes. If it is not successful, I would like to go start the couch to 5k plan (I think that is what it is called?). This is probably the wrong way to look at the situation and maybe I should just start the plan now because it really couldn't hurt right? I know that is true but I really, really, really am hoping to get pregnant and I do not want to start something just to quit it in a few weeks. Then again, who knows what'll happen so maybe I should. A tiny voice inside my head keeps telling me that I was running when I conceived the first time - truly, I was in great shape - so maybe it could actually help?
We'll see. Right now I am focusing on (hopefully) catching up on a little sleep in the next day or three, cleaning out all our junk food and buying a bunch of healthy food. If anyone has any good, healthy recipes, please send them my way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ugh. I hate when I don't get a good night's sleep several days in a row. But I am glad to hear your husband will be back sooner than expected! You'll probably get more sleep as a result. Good news all around.
It's funny how when we're in the two week wait we have all the time in the world to think about what we're going to do next, trying to distract ourselves, but while we're in the midst of the treatment phase we're just focusing on what we're doing. I just hope you get pregnant this time around so you don't have to figure out all the rest of it.
Thanks for stopping by--I'm thinking of you too!!
Although I'm not vegan, or even vegetarian, my favourite healthy recipes (and J's too actually) are from a couple of vegan cookbooks. They inspire me to eat better even when I do eat meat. Or eggs. Or cheese, oh I could never give up cheese. Maybe you could borrow a few healthy-type cookbooks from the library?
Good luck with your healthy eating.
Post a Comment