The drugs arrived on Friday with plenty of time to spare. Even though I sort of knew what to expect and had seen other people's pictures of all the medications, it was a bit overwhelming to open that box and see the contents. Wow! That is a lot of needles.
I started with the Lupron on Sunday and so far, so good. The sub-q injections really don't bother me a bit. Although today I must have hit a vein or something because the needle kind of stuck and then when I pulled it out it started bleeding quite a bit. Now I have a nice bruise. Oh well, I'm sure it won't be the last! Right now I'm only doing the one shot a day so we'll see how I'm feeling when I'm doing three injections a day.
I also took my last pill today - hurray!! I'm so happy to be done with that crappy, disgusting pill. I swear here and now that I will never, ever take another bc pill as long as I live! Now I just do my Lupron injection each morning until the 26th when hopefully I will start stimming. I have an u/s next Tuesday the 23rd and I guess they'll be able to see then if the Lupron is working and that everything looks quiet and calm.
I'm starting to get excited and am ready to get this show on the road. I am trying to think lots of positive thoughts and really hope that all goes smoothly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad the meds got to you in time.
OUCH about the stabby stuff.
Sounds like you're feeling good about going into this - stay positive!
Post a Comment