Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A new year on the horizon

I don't know what 2010 will bring for our family. Especially in terms of conceiving. I do know that as I reflect on 2009, I am grateful that I got to share it with my son and husband. I am grateful for the wonderful little family that I do have. I am so blessed to have both of them in my life and despite what it may sound like (from time to time) in this blog, I do feel blessed. I have the most wonderful and amazing son anyone could ask for and if there is one resolution for myself this year that will stand out from the rest it will be this: I will work harder to not take once second with him for granted. He is truly a miracle and I am just so lucky to be him mommy.

Speaking of my son...we went to the dentist this week for his six month check up and guess what the x-rays revealed? His six year molars are just below the surface of his gums. Also? His bottom front teeth are just starting to wiggle. I was/am freaked! First of all, he is only four (and a half) and second, he is my baby! What is this talk of loosing teeth and molars? I cannot believe how quickly the time goes!! By this time next year he will be in Kindergarten and will no longer have all his baby teeth. Sniff. Sniff.

He is so much fun right now and maturing so quickly. We have such great conversations together and he cracks me up with his sense of humor. I've been saying it since he was just a baby but his sense of humor is one of his best qualities. He jokes and laughs all the time. Therefore, making me laugh all the time. He is so darn easy to love.

We had a nice Christmas together. It was busy (as it usually is) and I was not graced with a Christmas miracle since my period showed up on Christmas Day morning. But I did get to spend a lot of time with our families and DH, Keegan and I had a very quiet and relaxed Christmas morning, spent alone with just the three of us. It was my favorite Christmas memory of the year.

Like I said, I do not know what 2010 will bring. But I hope, it'll bring another year of health and happiness to our little family of three.

2 comments:

LisserB said...

Thanks for your words today. We are literally in the same boat again...you're just further ahead on the lake. Here's to hoping we both get to the other side with another little baby.

In looking into our options, I came across natural IVF. It's basically IVF, without the stimming. If I end up that far, I'm thinking I'll go that route.

Talk to you soon.

Hua said...

I'm so excited for you, getting your 6 year old molars is a big deal. Kids just grow up so fast these days, time flies way too fast.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Relations
wellsphere.comre