Monday, April 20, 2009

It's a go

I went in for my second follicle check on Sunday, CD12 and things looked good but were not quite ready yet. I had three follicles: 13mm, 15mm, 17mm. The 13 and 15 were on my right side and the 17mm was on my left. My left is ALWAYS the one I ovulate from. I was a little disappointed as I have always had two follicles on my left side and this time I only had one.

I had another u/s today - CD13 - and I now have two 18mm follicles, one on each side. Very interesting. They both looked good, my lining looked good and I trigger tonight. She didn't mention the other follicle (the 13mm) and I didn't ask. I also didn't see much of anything other than the two big ones so I am guessing that it didn't grow and wasn't worth mentioning? Not sure.

So, two follicles which puts me on par for what I've had in the past. For some reason, I keep feeling let down as if two is not enough. But that is just silly. Two is plenty. Two is better than one. Two leaves me with plenty of possibility. And hope. I am REALLY, REALLY hoping.

I am triggering with Novarel (sp?) which is new for me. I've always had Ovidrel in the past. This is an IM shot versus a Sub Q shot. The needle is much longer than the Ovidrel shot and goes in my butt instead of my belly. Lucky for me, my best friend is an RN and is coming over tonight to give me the shot. DH would probably get too nervous and I am not sure I could do it to myself. The Sub Q shot I did by myself no problem but the needle was smaller and I could see my belly a lot better than my butt.

IUI#4 is set for Wednesday morning at 8:30am. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much luck headed your way! Two follies on the lowest Clomid dose sounds pretty normal. Keep us posted!

-Leighann

tam said...

Hey there. I'm still hanging in there and reading every update even though I know I haven't been commenting as much. Tons and tons of luck on Wednesday and this cycle in general. I'm thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Feeling very hopeful and sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!!! Take care, Leslie